Apache Isis™ is a framework to let you rapidly develop
domain-driven apps in Java. This app has been generated using Isis'
which configures Isis to run a (quite feature rich) "todo" app.
The app itself consists of a single domain class, ToDoItem, along with a number of supporting
To access the app:
provides accesses to a generic UI for end-users,
Isis' Wicket Viewer.
As its name suggests, this viewer is built on top of Apache Wicket™.
provides access to a RESTful API conformant with the
Restful Objects spec. This is part of Isis Core. The
implementation technology is JBoss RestEasy.
The default user/password is sven/pass (as configured in the
To build your own app, while you could start with this todo app and remove/rename as required, you are
probably better off using the extremely minimal
The key files in this "todo" app are:
- Domain classes (todo functionality) (in dom module)
- Fixture scripts (in fixture module)
- WEB-INF/web.xml (in webapp module)
- WEB-INF/isis.properties (in webapp module)
- isis.services - explicitly loaded framework-provide domain services. Other services (including ToDoItems and ToDoItemsFixtureService described above),
are loaded automatically from the classpath.
- isis.persistor - specifies to use Isis' integration with DataNucleus for (JDO-based) persistence.
- isis.authentication and isis.authorization - specifies to use Isis' integration with Apache Shiro for security.
- WEB-INF/persistor_datanucleus.properties (in webapp module)
- configuration for the DataNucleus (JDO) object store
- WEB-INF/persistor.properties (in webapp module)
- JDBC URL for DataNucleus (JDO) object store
- WEB-INF/shiro.ini (in webapp module)
- configuration for Shiro security